Saturday, October 04, 2014

School BBQ

Our school hosts a BBQ - an evening for families to come together, meet the new teachers and have a look in their child's classroom.  This year I got some fantastic ideas to use in my room from Pinterest.  During the day, my Firsties drew a self-portrait and filled in clues of who they were.  I spread these around the tables for the parents to find their child.  Once parents located their little darling, they used a white crayon to write a secret message.  The next day, students painted with water colours to find out their parent's message.










Rules and Promises

Our 5 Classroom Rules come from Whole Brain Teaching.  I did change Rule 3.  At WBT it reads: Raise Your Hand for Permission to Leave Your Seat.  We are moving ALOT and I don’t want them raising their hand every time, so I changed this rule to:  Respect Others, Yourself, and Our School, which I feel is a very important rule.  For the first month of school we review these rules at the start of each day and after every recess.  Now we are doing it at the start of the day and as needed throughout the day.  It's fun to call out the number of the rule that is being broken and they all chant it together and do the little gestures.



From Amy at Stepinto Second Grade, I got the cute idea for our door.  Students coloured a cut out, my wonderful EA cut out the backgrounds and we put them on our door with our classroom promise.





No comments:

Post a Comment